From 1 April 2009 Gas Safe Register took over the running of the mandatory gas registration scheme for plumbing and heating engineers working legally with gas. So, Gas Safe Register, not CORGI is now the watch dog for gas safety in the UK.
What does Gas Safe Register do?
- Raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning to the general public
- Provide gas safety advice
- Maintain the mandatory register of competent businesses working with gas
- Ensure that gas safe registered businesses carry out work safely and in accordance with current legislation
- Provide consumers with information about gas safe registered businesses in their area